Re: Rear End Problems

To: "Edward N. Burke" <newly@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Rear End Problems
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 17:29:59 +0000
Newell,
Sounds like you're describing a car in need of a rear suspension
overhaul.
Especially, if you're experiencing rear steering. Worn bushings, loose
spring mounting rear end bolts, worn shocks and arms all cause
hellacious handling problems.
If you're springs are negatively cambered, new ones will raise the
ride height. Replace them and all the rubber fittings to the rear
axle. Replace the springs and put the urethane rear bushings in the
hangers at the rear. I plan to upgrade to Moss' telescopic shocks at
the rear myself, to help give me better control. But you can just get
new originals for a performance upgrade over the original equiptment
you have now.

Good Luck,
DAve