Re: Rear End Problems

To: newly@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Rear End Problems
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 10:52:08 -0400
You likely don't HAVE to replace everything; the rubber obviously fatigues
sooner than the metal bits do.  There are two vertical straps that, if you're
replacing your bushings, you should replace ... the rebound straps I was
talking about earlier. I think, on Japanese cars, they call these things
'trailing links' or some such, and they're often made of metal.

The springs themselves do wear out with time, but there's no way for me
telemetrically to tell you whether yours are shot.  A disinterested third
party mechanic, if such could be found, could probably tell you.

Best of luck,

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'