Re: Grose jets

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Grose jets
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 08:19:32 -0700 (PDT) (8:19 am 15:19 UT)
GROSE jets:  It depends what floats you have.  I have the all-plastic
floats, and I've never been satisfied with the float-level adjustment.
I can't add enough washers to get the floats level, and consequently
the fuel level is too high in the carb jets.  The rear one actually
tends to overflow.  I'm going to either repair the hinges on my old
steel-and-plastic floats, or replace the Grose jets with standard
needle jets.
  I did have a Grose jet stick on me, after not driving for a week.  I
had to open the float-bowl, remove the jet, and poke it with a needle.
  Question: why are the float-bowl fuel-level limiting valves called 'jets,'
and the carburetter venturi fuel metering tubes called 'jets?'  Couldn't
we come up with something non-redundant?

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*