MGB Burning Oil??

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Burning Oil??
From: Robert J Ryll <rjryll@aztec.co.za>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 21:57:41 +0200
Hi Chaps!

A bit of your ongoing help would be much appreciated! I've just returned
from a 500 mile trip in my 1980 Mgb and seem to be using an awful lot of
oil. 4 pints to be extact.

The car seems to run fine, and there are no physical oil leaks from the
block. Plugs are not oiled up, but developed a few sandy coloured crusty
deposits after the trip. Exhaust seems to burn O.K. so I don't think
it's the piston rings.

Any ideas as to what might be the problem, before I go into a complete
panic! I've got a feeling it might be the valve guides, but is there any
way of telling. Will a compression test help?

Also one other thing -

When I brake I seem to get a slight klunking noise which seems to come
from around the front wheels/disks. Any ideas!

Cheers for the interest

Rob

rjryll@aztec.co.za
1980 MGB Roadster