Re: French Riviera

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: French Riviera
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 14 Aug 1996 11:06:36 -0500
In <32124DDD@smtpgate.villingen>, Wendelgass Manfred wrote:

>R. Johnson,
>
>Your're damn right. Guess why I go there :-)
>
>Manfred

>From: RJohn50603
>To: WENDELGASS; mgs
>Manfred,
>
>We're all damn jealous!
>
>If memory serves me right, your roadster won't be the only thing topless
>when
>you go to the beach.
>
>R. Johnson - Dallas

This seemingly innocent exchange gets to the core of
mgs@autox.team.net.  You see, Manfred is a very bright fellow, I am
sure, and really doesn't need advice on what kind of things to pack
along on a vacation to the French Riviera.  He was driven by a
subconscious yearning to make us all jealous.  Isn't that the point of
most mg posts?  Most SOL's are surrounded by mundanes who don't
appreciate the esthetic of a greasy bearing cap or spending the
evening with a flashlight in one's teeth tracking down a Lucasfault.
But post the report, and we all appreciate the adventure and sense of
accomplishment.  What good is fixing something unless someone admires
your work?  And admiration from one's peers is the best of all....

So yes, Manfred, I am very jealous.  And I am pleased that someone is
putting an MG to optimal usage.

                Jealous and stuck in Tennessee          A. B. Bonds