Re: Rebuilding an MGA 1500

To: RatiganJ@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rebuilding an MGA 1500
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 22:32:52 -0500
RatiganJ@aol.com wrote:

>     I have a 1500 engine that needs a rebuild.  I have never rebuilt an
> engine; however, I have some mechanicing abilities.  I wonder if one should
> attempt to rebuild an MGA motor if one has never done one before.  If so,
> does anyone know of a good guide for rebuilding - other than the shop manual,
> of course.  Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
>
>      Joe Ratigan
>       58 MGA roadster

John Twist's tech manual has good info on rebuilding A and B engines.
Bought one from him about a year ago...thing for around $20.00.  You
might contact him to see if he still has some.  VRHS43A@prodigy.com is
his mailing address.  Speaking of Mr. Twist, I too miss his tech notes
on the list.  I have never met the gentleman, but have traded several
e-mail messages with him.  I have a great deal of respect for his
abilities.  Just my $.02 worth.

Wayne Kube
'79B
Plano, TX