[MG] Re: unwanted help?

To: skillman@clark.net (Bob,Jean,Matt or Maggie Skillman)
Subject: [MG] Re: unwanted help?
From: Tim Moses <moses@csra.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 10:10:53 -0400
At 10:53 PM 8/14/96 -0400, Bob Skillman wrote:
>        Is it just me or have other list members, when asking a technical
>question concerning a problem, received numerous personal E-mails from
>"inividuals" who happen to have the solution for a price.
        <snip>
>        I realize its a free(?) country but I thought the list was to give
>information to all list members who may share common problems and
>experiences.

                YES.  The list is to enable MG enthusiasts to converse on
topics of mutual interest, to help each other with "words of wisdom gained
from the best teacher - personal experience", and to provide entertainment
[somewhat] related to MGs.

                I suggest whenever someone on this list receives such a
"reply and quote" requesting a fee,
                        1.      Reply "NO THANKS; GET OFF THE LIST"

        I was going to suggest that you post the address to the list and we
could all bombard him/her with unpleasantries, but why waste your bandwidth
(breath).  Once they receive a hundred "NO THANKS; GET OFF THE LIST", maybe,
just MAYBE, they'll get the hint.

>        I have received some great E-mail from list members (Thanks
>Llyn,etc.) but sort of resent companies mailing me and saying they have
>what I need and how much its going to cost me.

                DITTO.  LOVE THIS LIST and the information that passes
through it.  PLEASE KEEP IT GOING.........

TTFN !
Tim Moses, Esq.                       http://www.csra.net/moses
   U.S. Naval Academy `86      http://www.csra.net/moses/86.htm
Live from Augusta, Georgia     -     We're a Hole in One !