[MG] SLOW DEATH

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [MG] SLOW DEATH
From: Tim Moses <moses@csra.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 11:17:28 -0400
Hi all,
        Have a problem.  '79 MGB with Zenith Carb starts and runs ok at idle
with air filter removed.  Once I put the filter in the canister, it dies a
slow death with increasingly blacker smoke.  No power; won't tach above
4000rpm.  Put it in gear and let out the clutch SLOWLY, it just dies.

        Have rebuilt the carb, adjusted the float and the idle speed set
screw all according to specs.  Installed new Needle and Grose Jet.  All seem
OK.  Have adjusted the mixture settings so much, I don't know where I am.

        Could it possibly be the water controlled choke?
        Do I need to "zero" all the mixture setting screws and start anew?
Any assistance greatly appreciated.

TTFN !
Tim Moses, Esq.                       http://www.csra.net/moses
   U.S. Naval Academy `86      http://www.csra.net/moses/86.htm
Live from Augusta, Georgia     -     We're a Hole in One !