Gearbox oil leak

To: MG Net <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gearbox oil leak
From: Allan Hovis <hovisa@nando.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 22:07:00 -0400
Here is the problem. A few days ago, I first noticed a spot of oil on the
driveway about the size of a football under the front of the gearbox. I
checked the oil level and found it to be on "Low" So I added about a pint
of oil and brought the level up to about 3/4 of full. The next morning,
after sitting in my driveway overnight, there wcs an oil slick coming out
from under the car and the oil level was back to
 "Low" again. Can anyone enlighten me about what may have happened and what
to do about it? (I checked the obvious and the drain is tight and not
leaking.)

Thanks,
Allan R. Hovis
hovisa@nando.net