Re: "The Orphan Book"

To: <donmathis@lucent.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: "The Orphan Book"
From: "deers" <deers@SOM-UKY.CAMPUS.MCI.NET>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 12:39:01 -0400

----------
owner-mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu; british-cars@autox.team.net
> Subject: "The Orphan Book"
> Date: Thursday, August 22, 1996 10:22 AM
>
> I just received a catalog called the "Orphan Book" from Kip Motor Co.
> (972-243-0440)in Dallas, Tex.  There are parts for Austin A40, MG
Magnette,
> Ford Anglia, Morris Minor, Riley, Vauxhall, among others.  He seems to
have
> just Lucas part numbers for various lens, sidelamps, rims, etc.  He has
shop
> manuals, hoses, gaskets,fuel pumps, brake parts, clutch parts, rotors,
> condensors, points,..... It seems like it might be useful if one had a
> really unusual car.  I don't know this guy nor have I done business with
> him; however, I've always found Texans to be above reproach!  Actually,I
was
> told once that Texans were proof that the Indians had made love to
buffalos.
> I find that really hard to believe.
>
> Don (Scottish and Cherokee) Mathis
Yea I received one too. Did you check out his prices!!!
most things about double or triple of what I buy for. I've talked to him
once before ,seems like a nice guy though. I really can't see him selling
any parts at them prices. for example: tr10 gasket sets 96.95, I just
bought 3 for 10.00 apiece. piston set 272.95 how many you need for 125.00?
I know everybody has to make a living but their prices seem a little
extreme.

just my one an only opinion