Re: Shoulder to cry on

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shoulder to cry on
From: Stephen Peter Mirams <mirams@bf.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 15:48:06 +1000 (EST)
Joseph,

Patience my friend. Searching for the right MG can take a long time
(trust me I know!) but the reward of having the right car in the end of
the search is the greatest motoring experience I have had yet. I spent
over a year with the money in the bank, just waiting for the right car to
come along. I was closely watching a Midget in a used car yard for a
number of weeks until the advertised price came down to a level I was
willing to pay. It was a straight as anything I had seen and seemed
mechanically sound on road tests so I organised for my mechanic to go and
look it over. When I got back in the afternoon it was gone. This was
about 9 months before I finally found the right car. My advise...keep
persisting. There are plenty of well looked after MG's out there. try
getting in contact with your local club or MG parts suppliers. They are
often a valuable source of info regarding cars for sale.

Good luck and let us all know how you go.

Stephen Mirams
69 Midget (Finally!)