Re: '78 Midget front trans leak

To: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>
Subject: Re: '78 Midget front trans leak
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 13:29:10 -0600 (MDT)
On Wed, 28 Aug 1996, MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM wrote:

> I walked out to the Midget this AM for the morning commute and noticed
> a puddle of fluid.  Looking under the car I find it came from the front
> of the transmission &/or from the bellhousing.  I thought I noticed a

Yum!  I thought the same thing a few weeks ago (actually I thought worse,
rear main).  ANyway, on closer inspection (I always do closer inspection
before yanking the engine out) the oil pipe that feeds the filter was not
screwed quite tightly enough into the engine and oil was running down and
around to where it _looked_ like it was coming from between the engine and
transmission.  Boy, was I glad.

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA                kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.                      http://www.khoral.com
Albuquerque NM USA