Re: Overdrive/driveshaft length

To: Anthony Rayner <A.Rayner@mailbox.uq.oz.au>
Subject: Re: Overdrive/driveshaft length
From: kral@anvil.nrl.navy.mil (Milo Kral)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 07:26:48 -0400
I did the same conversion on my '67 MGB.

You will need the longer drive shaft. An alternative is to have your
present one lengthened. You will also have to shift the gearbox crossmember
2 inches forward and bolt holes are already waiting for that
transformation! The gear shift lever is different,  but I'm not sure if
it's necessary.  There are various electrical components required (in order
from the OD switch on the dash):  OD relay,  vacuum switch,  3rd/4th gear
switch,  solenoid.  You also need the associated wiring harness.  A hose
leads to the vacuum switch from the rear port on the intake manifold. The
relay and vacuum switch fit on the firewall between the master cylinders
and the heater box. You don't absolutely need the relay and vacuum switch,
but they were present originally.

Milo