'76 Midget

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: '76 Midget
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 07:16:06 -0400
Looking for some net wisdom....

My son's '76 Midget conyinues to run rich dispite rebuilding the Zenith.

We've triple checked the float, swapped needles, etc. The mixture screw is at
the lean extreme.

At idle it sounds very rich and we hardly ever use the choke. It runs quite
strongly under acceleration (likes that rich mixture).
]
He drives it daily, but he fouls a plug every week or so.

I've been completely through my HIF's on by "B" twice in ten years and
consider myself to be knowegable on SU's, but this Zenith has me stumped. Any
ideas?

Help us before the pollution Nazi's find us.

R. Johnson - Dallas