Re: Monza Exhaust

To: mgs@autox.team.net, Robert Hughes <orelake.bob@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Monza Exhaust
From: SCHLINING.M.W-@smtpgty.bwi.wec.com (SCHLINING.M.W-)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 07:34:17 -0400
        Robert

        I just installed a Monza on my 75 MGB in May.  In short it was a pain.
        The resonator pipe is too long and has to to be cut. then I had to take
        it to a muffler shop to expand the end that was just cut because I just
        cut off the had the expanded connection.  And then I fought, and I mean
        really fought with the rear mounting bracket.  It had to be designed
for
        another type of car.  I even called the Monza importer directly, to see
        if all this was necessary.  He was very little help, he really didn't
        know anything about how they should mount.  By the way, they are made
in
        Mexico not Italy as the name might imply.

        Now after several months all the nice black paint is gone from the
pipes
        and resonator and it is starting to rust.  I compare this to the new
        manifold pipe I installed at the same time which only had the silver
        colored paint on it.  It still has all its paint and no rust showing.
        have no confidence that the Monza exhaust system will have a long life,
        even with the very few miles I drive my car.

        Bottom line is I won't buy another Monza system.  I might try another
        brand, but not Monza.

        Marty Schlining
        57 MGA Coupe
        75 MGB