Buying a GT long distance

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Buying a GT long distance
From: "W. Lee Vick, Jr." <wlvick@pobox.micro.ti.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 1996 08:34:51 -0500
mg.gurus,

        Many thanks for all of the advice thus far (in the list and sent
personally to me) in regards to my (probably) buying an MG BGT that's
currently in Sacramento whilst I'm in Houston. I'd like to add two quick
things:

        1) Please don't send any more messages saying "There should be tons
of rust-free examples in Texas and if you take into account what you spend
on transportation ... yada yada yada". This may be sound advice and
well-intended. But... I have looked around a bit here and haven't seen any
of these beasts in comparable condition anywhere in Texas. There is only
one GT in the Houston MG club and it's in pieces in a garage. Besides, I
wasn't looking for a GT this one just kind of came up. And if I wanted to
do something that made sense I certainly wouldn't buy an lbc!

        2) Books - I'd like to get a couple of books to point me in the
right direction (I'm not too much of a mechanic - yet). First off I'd like
a book that covers restoration of the _GT_ as a general reference (I don't
plan on having to rebuild but I'd like a good source). Second, I'd like an
emergency manual I can carry in the car (especially for the trip home) that
gives advice on what to do if stuck somewhere. Any ideas would be appreciated.

        Thanks again. I used to be thiiiis close and now I'm thiiiiiiiiiiss
close which means either I'm getting more insane or... Well, anyway, it
means I'm closer to buying this car and rejoining the lbc ranks.

                                         Cheers,

                                         Lee.

* Lee Vick            * "When a bomb talks about itself in the third   *
* leevick@ti.com      *  person, I start to get worried."              *
* +1 713-274-2241     *      Ensign Tom Paris, Star Trek:Voyager       *
* Standard disclaimer: TI as an organization is much too smart to      *
*                      to agree with anything I have to say.           *