Re: Falcon Exhaust

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Falcon Exhaust
From: Michael Chaffee <mchaffee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 17:47:06 -0500 (CDT)
On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, S. L. Hower wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Sep 1996, Randy Rees wrote:
>
> > No exhaust system is a drop in replacement, but it should require
> > very little tweaking.
>
>   *Almost* no exhaust system ;-)  I bought a Falcon stainless exhaust
>    for my B.  I figured I'd need to wrestle with it a bit to get it
>    to fit properly.   Much to my surprise, it fit the stock mounting
>    brackets perfectly.  No bending, grinding or cutting (car or exhaust).
>
>    I buffed and polished the tailpipe tip and it shines like chrome.
>    Best of all, its guaranteed as long as I own it.  I think I paid ~$200;
>
>    -Scott

I have used a Falcon on my Midget for the last three or four years.  I
must agree that the fit was perfect and it does look very nice, however,
it does not last forever.  The pipe on mine is starting to rust (little
surface stuff) on the first four or six inches after the manifold.
Additionally, I think the muffler is getting a little bit louder as time
goes by.  But for the price and the kind of use it gets, the longevity of
the system is most adequate.

Helpful hint:  I feel that the stock late 1275 Midget exhaust (with two
mufflers) is too quiet and far too restrictive.  I got the Falcon for the
last year Midget that used the single muffler, and it sounds very nice, as
well as flowing far better and costing less than the two-muffler exhaust.

Michael Chaffee
mchaffee@staff.uiuc.edu

I speak only for Diesel Fried Chicken Motorsports.  CCSO frequently disagrees.