Re: Smog II -Reply

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Smog II -Reply
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John A. Wise)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 08:17:41 -0800
  >>well I had my 79 "B" smogged yesterday here in Calif and to my surprise
  >>it passed with only a little carb adjustment!! YIPPEE...BUT he told me
  >>it would probably have a harder time in 2 years ...

There is an interesting piece on Smog II in the latest issue (arrived in
the mail yesterday) of "Excellence: A Magizine about Porsche  Cars." The
story describes a fellow who was called in to have his car tested as part
of the Somg II pilot test program.  The author describes what he had to do
to get his recently rebuilt to specs engine to pass.  This included things
like using tires with a large diameter to get the engine to run at the
optimal RPM in the dyno test.  If you can find a copy, you will probably
find the story interesting.

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CHFP                       Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Center for Aviation/Aerospace Research          Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900      USA