Re: Smog II

To: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Subject: Re: Smog II
From: TJ Noto <tjn@rahul.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 13:16:30 -0700
PHILIPPE TUSLER wrote:

> All I can say is: If they stick it to TINTIN with SMOG II, MILOU is
> going to do her best to belch as much pollutant as possible.  Maybe
> I'll rig an exhaust-manifold oil-injector.
>   I'm pretty sure TINTIN is a solid '66, but I understand some of the
> '66 MG/MGB-GT's were actually manufactured in '65.  Is it the date of
> manufacture, or the date of first sale that counts?  Maybe there's a

As I understand it, it's neither.  I believe it's predicated on when the
car was first sold.  Could be wrong.  What it SHOULD be, is the year
model
of the car, as the specs of certain regulations should apply to cars
"year
model 1966 and later", or whatever the case may be.

Sigh,
TJ
with a MG that's registered as a 66 but is probably a 65 but who has yet
to figure out anything definitive.