Transmission Lube

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmission Lube
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 16:42:31 -0700
Greetings Listees,

As I said this morning I planned to change the tranny oil in my TC this
afternoon.  Well I just got in from a short drive and I can honestly say
there is a noticeable difference.  The oil I removed was less than 2500
miles old and still looked clean and clear.  It was 140W gear lube as
recommended for TC's.  When cold I had to really pull the lever to get it
out of first gear and there was always an impression that things weren't
sliding quite as smoothly as they should.  With the new lube, Red Line
synthetic 75w-140w gear oil, it now shifts easily from first and as smooth
as silk once up to temperature.  Unfortunately it did NOT rebuild the
bearings but my gearbox sounds and feels much better than it did this morning.

I don't know if this stuff is available in a 30W range for A's and B's but I
know it is available in the 75-90W range which should help out those with
later T's.  This goop is also recommended for differentials.  Guess what I'm
doing next week!

Usual disclaimers yada..yada....yada

Cheers,