Needle Exchange Program & Bye for now.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Needle Exchange Program & Bye for now.
From: Glenn Schnittke <glenns@edge.ercnet.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 02:18:57 -0500 (CDT)
Well, I finally got the HIF's onto the prim. The shafts on the S4's are
about as shot as you can get so I had to do something.

Some of our listeners will remember the dropout I had at about 3k or 3500 on
the maroon that I couldn't quite figure out. Some won't. Most won't give a
damn. When I transferred the HIF's from the maroon to the prim and got them
setup, the first drive around gave me, yes, a dropout at about 3.5k. I don'
think I need a degree from Yale for this. Just to be contrary to those who
actually contributed, I went ahead and put a new set of AAE needles into the
HIF's just to see what they would do. VERY DIFFERENT curve. Basically they
sucked. Wonderful acceleration through the gears with my foot on the floor,
but as soon as I'd back off it'd start missing like crazy. Two days of that
was enough so I put the ABD's back in BUT I put them back in (because that's
the kind of guy I'm) 90 degrees off from where they used to be. Strangely
enough it helped. No more dead spot at 3500 and a VERY nice acceleration
curve from 2k up to about 5k. Smooth cruising at any rpm and I've no idea
what my mileage is yet. But it leads me to think that a new set of needles
and jets may make my world nice until I get the S4's rebuilt.

But that will be next spring. I will be signing off for a few months as I
have picked up a tour that will have me on the road for a few months. Some
of you may know I'm a stagehand. Some don't. Some of you don't give a damn.
I have signed on as Technical Director for the '96 tour of "A Tuna
Christmas" and will be in
Fort Worth      Oct 17 - Nov 1  Repairing sets
Atlanta         Nov 5 - 10      Rialto
Houston         Nov 12 - 17     Brown
D.C.            Nov 19 - 24     Warner
New Orleans     Nov 26 - Dec 1  ?
Fort Worth      Dec 3 - 8       Will Rodgers
San Francisco   Dec 10 - 22     Marines Memorial
Seattle         Dec 26 - 28     5th Ave Theater
Austin          Dec 31 - Jan 5  Paramount
Galveston       Jan 7 - 12      Grand Opera House
for the next two and a half months. I don't know If I'll have e-mail yet but
if I do I'll try to keep up with the list. If not, you can still e-mail me
at home and Jette will be able to forward it. Keep your eyes open for the
ads and if you see the show in town you can always get in touch through the
theater we're at. We're in SF for a two week run, so I'll have the middle
Monday off and will be more than happy to get the hell out of my hotel,
wherever it is, and put a few back. For those of you who haven't seen the
show, it's an opportunity to. IMHO it's the funniest thing on wheels,
especially if you grew up in or around Texas. And if you think what you SEE
is funny you should see what goes on backstage. It's a very busy show.

Glenn
The Greater Tuna Corporation has no idea what I've said and if they did,
probably wouldn't care much.

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com
'69 primrose B
'74 maroon B (former parrot)