Re: Funky clock

To: Don Mathis <donmathis@lucent.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Funky clock
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 96 18:19:49 GMT
> At 07:14 PM 10/1/96 GMT, you wrote:
> >>I noted that my normally reliable quarz dash clock was a little
> >>fast.  I reset it to the proper time, but then realized that it was =

> >>running fast  - i.e. the second hand made one revolution in around =

> >>20 seconds!  I reset the beast again after parking the car in the
> >>garage, and now, 24 hours later it is still reading correctly.
> >
> >You haven't begun dribbling, or going bald, have you?
> >
> >(Stephen King, Christine)
> >

> >PaulH
> >73 Roadster (HD&H)
> >75 V8
> >

> Are you saying that if you are going bald .....you should expect to
> dribble?!?  No one told me about THAT!!              Are you SURE???!!
>
> You probably though that because I wrote that I was going
> bald.....well,...I'm not.   Really!  I'm not.
>
> Don Mathis,Ph.D.
> LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES
> donmathis@lucent.com
> '61 MGA
> '37 Bentley

Well, with the clock going fast I wasn't sure whether that would make the=

driver get older or younger, hence the "or".

BTW, does anybody remember a short story (probably in Playboy, if I'm hon=
est)
about a car that used no petrol but was powered by some kind of energy =
transfer
from the driver?  A young chap bought it from an incredibly ancient bloke=
,
drove it several hundred miles, looked in the mirror and suddenly realise=
d why
the seller was so old.

PaulH
73 Roadster (HD&H)