Re: MGB Sources

To: Ed <ed@lightlink.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Sources
From: Jeff and Stash Blackwood <ichindar@magic1.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 13:50:25 -0500
Ed wrote:

> A couple questions from a long-time fan of B's and a newly addicted restorer:
>
> what are some good sources for finding MGBs in restorable condition? so far,
> i've only discovered the extremes - vehicles already restored and on the
> market at outrageous prices or rust buckets. Anything in the middle? What
> publications should I be reading?
>
> Also, are B's good for 'shadetree' mechanics? I do not want to tackle
> putting in a new tranny or suspension.
>
> Thanks!
>
> EdFirst thing to do is join a club. I see MGs, especially Bs, all the time
from other club members in all sorts of conditions. Also, there is
usually one or two people in the club that specialize in "locating" cars
and make them available to others for sale.

B engines are horribly simple. I never worked on a car before, and with
my trusty Hayne's manual and some other available guides, I am a
confident mechanic with my B. The only thing that really scares me are
the carbs, but I'm sure that with a little reading and some practice, I
could figure those out too.

This group (on team.net) is also a good source of hard to find info.
Great bunch of people with lots of info.

Good luck with finding a B!