Re: MGA Questions

To: geopro@cyberdrive.net
Subject: Re: MGA Questions
From: Rootes2@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 22:14:04 -0400
         I very well may have transposed the numbers... I'll check on Monday
and  report as the car is at work. And needs LOTS of work!
         As to the identity of the engine, I believe yours would be a 58
also, as my VIN number is KAA4322878 , or 22,878 into production. So I would
think a few thousand units earlier would still be a 1958. I don't think other
than the tach drive, there was much of a difference between the engines....my
carbs are AUC784, just like the MGA books show, and I think the cam was the
same. It all depends on how much you don't like that electronic tach! Maybe
you can get it rebuilt with a matching face so it will look like the OE? Just
a suggestion....

          I do, however, need to make an appeal to the list....does ANYBODY
know where I can get a factory shop manual for a 58 Magnette? I've tried my
usual list of literature suppliers( thru Hemming's, et al)  to no avail.I 've
sent snail mail to GB to request a catalog from a company that has a Magnette
specific catalog...I don't have the name handy, though.(Something else that's
at work) Somebody must have one!

           Sorry to be so long winded....
                                                   Jon Arzt
58 Magnette
66 Alpine
67 Sunbeam motorhome (aka Commer caravan)