Re: MGA Questions

To: Rootes2@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGA Questions
From: George Procyshyn <geopro@cyberdrive.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 20:55:30 GMT
Hmm.... Sounds like your insight is probably correct. One thing though, are
you sure your Number is BP15HCG?  Mine is BP15HGC. Might you have transposed
the "C" & the "G"?

Then your serial number is 4987 and your Magnette is a '58, my serial number
is 3409. Considerably older, maybe out of a '56 or '57 I'd suppose.
Certainly not the '59 MGA engine it's supposed to be. . . . damn, I'm NOT
happy!  The PO had this car since 1980, I was able to find and talk to the
guy HE bought the car from in '80 who bought it himself about 1975. He
claims that the engine had no tach connection on the block when he bought
the car, so he swapped the tach for an electronic one from an MGB. So
chances are the engine in the car now has been in it prior to 1975. . . . .
I'm really bummed about this. This is NOT a happy time.