RE:$4000 MIDGET

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:$4000 MIDGET
From: TheSkinny@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 01:13:07 -0400
>>As much as I love the cars, I have never seen a midget that was worth
paying $4000 for (well, almost).  The ones that are worth 4k are the ones
where you can eat off the engine, and are far better than 'decent'.  They
are in perfect driving condition, nothing needing to be fixed, no
mechanical or electrical problems, no dents, etc.  Essentially a freshly
restored car.  I think your car salesman ought to get a reality check
because if your paying over 2k for a good runner, there better be something
extra special besides orange paint.

  Just my thoughts---- <<<

I beg to differ...A 1988 Hyundai with 100,000 miles has a retail book of over
$3k.  Any running LBC in decent shape should retail for more than Hyundai,
Escort, 323 etc.  If it is in good enough shape to be on a dealers lot, he
will probably get close to $4000 for it.  Look at it this way:  the more he
gets, the more mine's worth ;-)

David Riker
69 Midget (offers over $8500 will be considered)