Re: Damn Cats!

To: "\"REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER\"" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Subject: Re: Damn Cats!
From: Larry Hoy <73253.1136@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 15 Oct 96 22:37:50 EDT
Christopher,

This won't be very popular with the cat lovers out there, but it does work.  I
had a similar problem as yours.  Our City has a leash ordinance for dogs AND
cats.  Since the animal control people cannot catch a cat like they can a dog
here is what they do.  They will loan the resident a trap.  The trap is made by
Have a Heart.  It is harmless to the animal.  When you have caught the offending
animal you just call animal control and they pick up the cage and the cat.
Beware, you may have several cats, you may be surprised.

I did ask my neighbors to be more responsible with their pets prior to the trap.
Their typical reaction was,     "It can't by MY cat",     "I never let MY cat
out",   "MY cat never leaves our yard",  etc.

Oh, by the way you will NOT be very popular with your neighbors but it will
solve the problem.  You will catch about one cat (sometimes two) every 24 hours!

Larry
1969 MGB