Re: engine paints

To: Mowog1@aol.com
Subject: Re: engine paints
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 09:35:02 -0500
Mowog1@aol.com wrote:

> I ordered a quart (960ml) of "Healey Green" engine paint from William
> S.Hirsch in Newark, NJ for my MGC. Cost including shipping was $23 (2 years
> ago).... <ads in Hemmings every month>

Yep, did that. Got the the brush on. Damn good paint. But I think the original
post was a guy with a Sprite or Midget. That engine was painted some gawd-awful
drab green that was a cross between tundra green and squashed cat guts.

Can't imagine why anybody would repaint an engine that color (colour?) on
purpose. To hell with originality; MG marroon looks way nicer for my money!

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69MGC/GT