Re: Garage accidents.

To: JKearman@aol.com, MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Garage accidents.
From: bleckstein@monmouth.com
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 17:40:19 -0500 (EST)
The worst garage accident story. Only now after four or five years can I tell
it
because the pain was so bad.

Having a few lbc's, I park one car behind the other to fit. On this particular
day a local auto club was having a car show and the organizer wanted my cars in
an all MG display.

The 47 TC was parked all the way in,near the far back wall. The MGB was behind
it. I had pulled the B out the door in reverse and put the car in first to move
it alongside the TC. Just then with my foot on the clutch I was distracted for
moment. You guessed it, the clutch Master leaked and  the B engaged even with
the clutch pedal to the floor. Suddenly the car raced forward into the rear of
the TC and puched the TC through the back wall of the garage.

The B is an 80 rubber bumber and had no damage. The TC had a destroyed gas tank
and spare tire carrier, and a dent to one rear fender. The amazing thing was no
damage to the front as the tires took the force and pushed the wall out without
harm to the lights, radiator or bonnet.

JC Taylor payed the claim immediately and the car was fixed in two weeks. It
still was a horror story I hate to think of. I would awake at night afterwards
in a cold sweat. Make sure your clutch masters are in good shape.

Happy Halloween

Mike Leckstein