Re: MGB Fuel Tank Replacement

To: JKearman@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB Fuel Tank Replacement
From: John J Peloquin <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 14:57:14 -0800 (PST)
Dear Netters,

About one month ago I replaced the fuel tank on my 1970 MGB-GT. It went
amazingly well and straighforwardly. For once, everything was as the
manual said it would be. This was on a CA car so all the emission stuff
was on it too. I think this was the easiest thing I ever did with the
car besides drive it. The bolts will probably be rusted tight, as were
mine (I had to use vise-grips on the stripped out nuts) so try putting
the appropriate liquid wrench stuff on them first!
Remember to safely drain the fuel remaining in the tank etc. and work in a
WELL VENTILATED area. This can be hazardous.

John Peloquin