Re: 5 Main Bearing / 67 MGB

To: "David M. Hall" <dhall@vcd.hp.com>
Subject: Re: 5 Main Bearing / 67 MGB
From: Jim Boyd <gumby@joshuanet.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 18:20:23 -0800
David M. Hall wrote:

> Thanks Thanks Thanks!
>
> I am always amazed by this list..
>
> A friend and I went to look over the 67.  It was pretty shot,
> and we didn't even make an offer.  Asking was $3000 obo.  The
> car had some fairly major typical rust along the bottom
> edges, the springs were shot, it would not stay in 4th,
> interior shot, paint needed, etc.  It did sound pretty
> good and ran smooth though.
>
> Dave..
> dhall@vcd.hp.com
> dlhall@pacifier.com
> http://www.pacifier.com/~dlhall
> 72 MGB/GT

Dave:
I'm always amazed at incredible people who think their rust bucket that
once resembeled a MG is worth thousands of dollars.  At the max, this
sounds like a $200 car to me!  Maybe if enough people look at the car
and walk away, the owner will get the picture.

Even though it may be a waste of time, I try (in my own limited ways) to
educate the owner about the condition of their car, especially if rust
damage is such that the car is a danger to others.  I kinda reckon that
it's like getting an appraisal of one's house and finding that there is
termite damage.  I hope that the owner will be forthcoming with the
facts  when the next prospective buyer comes along!

Cheers,
Jim Boyd
Paradise, CA  "love those rust-free CA cars (not)!