RE: MGB dimmer switch, alteration

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGB dimmer switch, alteration
From: "Ernest E. Gilbert" <barrister@lawref.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 96 10:09:55 -0800
Can't understand the desire to make this conversion. I grew up on floor mount
dimmers and the column mounts drive me crazy. Every time I let my car off the
leash on a country curve seems like there is a car from the other direction. I
have my hands full with the steering wheel (If I could make the curve with one
hand I'm not having fun) and it's downright dangerous to try to find the dimmer
with one hand and maintain the groove with the other. My left foot on the other
hand is un-occupied  most of the time and the dimmer is an unthinking reaction.
With a column mount switch the sequence is 1) try the foot switch a couple of
times unconsciously, 2) take my mind off the groove, 3) take my foot off the
gas, 4) realize the problem and fish for the switch, 5) mutter sorry to the
other driver that's now past and I didn't dim for.

Ernest
barrister@lawref.com