MGB Heater knob?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Heater knob?
From: Marc Steinberg <marc@crl.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 04:40:56 -0800 (PST)
Anybody else out there have a knob that gets warmer in the opposite
direction from its label?  Did they make the switches both ways?  I've
already checked the dash connection and it certainly seems correct.
This is a '63 B we're talking about here.  Is it possible that the
switches are different for left or right-hand drive?

When I first open the valve, the mark on the dash points to "Hot."  With
the valve full open, the mark points to the middle of "---> Increase."

I've also seen a few different arrangmements for the air flow knob.  When
I purchased the car, it had one that was marked "Off" "Screen" and
"Interior."  "Off" was correct; "Screen" and "Interior" seem to be
backwards as well.  I replaced it with one marked simply "On" and "Off".

What knobs is this car supposed to have?  How is the air flow control
supposed to work?

-- Marc