Re: MGB Heater knob?

To: Marc Steinberg <marc@crl.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Heater knob?
From: Gary Burrell <garyb@pentek.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 12:33:27 -0500
Marc Steinberg wrote:

> Anybody else out there have a knob that gets warmer in the opposite
> direction from its label?  Did they make the switches both ways?  I've
> already checked the dash connection and it certainly seems correct.
> This is a '63 B we're talking about here.  Is it possible that the
> switches are different for left or right-hand drive?

They made knobs that go both ways.  My 68 B is a Canadian Spec with
metal
dash, and it's knobs go the opposite way of the metal dash cars imported
the US (which only had metal dashes till 67).  My knobs match those used
on the
UK spec cars which also went the opposite way from the US spec cars.
Don't
ask me why this is so.  I only know it is true.  I found the original
part
number and got some NOS knobs from a guy near Rocester NY.  It may be
that
earlier cars in the US also matched the UK style.  My car is in storage
right now (about a 1000 miles from where I am) so I can't go check which
direction the knobs go.  Catch me next spring

Gary Burrell