Re: Lucas, cool wheels

To: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas, cool wheels
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 1996 11:29:42 -0500
William Eastman wrote:

> I seem to remember that my 84 Vette had Lucas-Girling brakes made in
> Australia.  Does this make sense?  They worked OK except for poor boost
> action occasionally probably associated with the extremely well broken in
> engine.
> For whatever reason, there appears to be perception that Lucas is no
longer in business.  Couldn't be further from the truth.  Lucas is still
in business, still based in the UK, and yes, they are an automotive
component supplier.  They rival Bosch as a global supplier, and primary
activities include fuel management systems (EFI, fuel pumps, etc), and
brakeing systems.  They are a major supplier in the U.S to Ford and
Chrysler - I'm not sure if G.M. uses Lucas or not.  Seems that their
penchant for building electical systems of dubious quality has been
forgotten by most of the industry.

Regards,

Chris Delling