Don't you guys have anything better to do??

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Don't you guys have anything better to do??
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 19:12:54 -0800
I was looking for a break. You guys bowled me over. I tried to reply to
all of you personally but it became impossible when reponses to replies
started coming. I would just to say that I was touched deeply by your
reaction. Just a couple of things though. Putting my name in the same
sentence as Mr. John Twist's is like putting Sly Stallone in a Boxing
ring with Mike Tyson. I'm really just smoke, mirrors and hope that you
find me more entertaining than informative, my knownlege of MGs is no
where near that of John's. At the same time, I'm not afraid of getting
my hands dirty and can probably ceramic tile rings around him. I have
just now signed back on for a few reasons:
1. Someone said that they were going to be even more offended if I
didn't come back than the guy  and his wife were that were first
offended
2. Bill Singleton, who purchased my 77 MGB from me said if I didn't
return he would start a DPO thread about the car.
and finally I heard that there was a little finger pointing going on
has to who it was I offended. This is not important any more. He has
excepted my opology (?) and the book has been closed. Just for the
record it was not Paul Gallian.

I'm pleased that you all feel I'm an asset to the list and have just
signed back on. I will tell you that even though I was only off for 30
hours it felt like 30 days. MG people are a very important part of my
life. I wrote this to some else today, but I just want all of you to
know, that if I wasn't such a Son of a Bitch, I probably would have had
tears in my eyes at some points today.

Now back to the cars: I'm told that there has been a less that
fantastic response to Saturdays Gymkhana at Floyd Bennett Air Field in
Brooklyn. You Girlie Boys had a hard week? Sleeping in? How often do
you get a chance to drive like a crazy person and not have to look in
the rear view mirror for flashing red lights. I really hope some of you
drag your out of shape rear ends into those LBCs and come on out and
play and Saturday. If it will help, give me your phone #'s and I'll
call your wifes and ask them if your allowed to go out on Saturday. I'm
dragging my wife along and have told her she will have a good time
whether she likes it or not.

Boy did that feel good, I Love You Guys and Gals, Safety Fast, David
Deutsch