Re: Primers.....

To: ken.roach@sk.sympatico.ca (Ken Roach), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Primers.....
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 22:50:06 -0800
At 05:50 PM 11/7/96 GMT, you wrote:

>3. Multiple coats of primer-surfacer.  I haven't experimented with the
>new catalyzed primers, but I hear they do fill better than the
>lacquers that I am used to using.
>
>On my MGB I wasn't all that concerned with the inside of the trunk and
>just gave it three good coats with DuPont 131.  It did a better job
>than I anticipated with only the deepest pits visible after the color
>and clear were applied.
>
>I am assuming that you have access to compressed air and some sort of
>spray gun.  Unfortunately any spray can primer I have used in the past
>had very little filling qualities.

Thanks for the Input Ken.

I do infact have access to compressed air but I've never used anything
bigger than an airbrush for touch ups.  I've filed your message away for
future reference.  I'm leaning towards primer-surfacer mainly because of
ease of use. I am obviously a total neophyte when it comes to paint but I've
decided to do the whole damn project myself.  Any advice appreciated.

Thanks again,