Re: Primers.....

To: dondaves@ix.netcom.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Primers.....
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 11:26:22 -0500
Don,

I haven't used the Kondar but, I always use PPG's DP 48 epoxy primer and DP
401 catalyst. I assume these are what you are talking about. I love this
stuff (but I do use a respirator).

One of the reasons this is especially good is that (opposed to regular
primer) it is water resistant. If you get it rained one before you get the
finish coats on, it doesn't absorb water. Many people (especially kids) who
have to drive a car with some primer exposed before it's all done, have heart
breaking paint failures a few months after finishing the car. Regular primer
absorbs water and you end up sealing this in with the finish coat and are
doomed to rust appearing later.

Thank God we don't have the residential, fresh air police here in Texas as
you do in California. We'd have a big problem here if I couldn't spray a car
in my garage when I needed to.

R. Johnson - Dallas

90' MaineCoon
'79 Midget