Autocross...Yea!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Autocross...Yea!
From: TheSkinny@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 20:38:40 -0500
Just spent the day out at Thunderhill raceway.  Barney, I can see how this
gets addicting.  Convinced the wife to go out with the Honda, and I took the
Midget...guess who came home with the trophy (her).  Ok, just cause she was
the only one in her class, but she still did a very good job.  Luckily to
save face, my best time was better than her best time, but only by roughly 2
sec.  Midget handled excellently, although I pushed too hard on my third try
and launched the Midget off the track and got a little air in the process.  I
gather most people decide whether their car will be a driver, a show car, or
a competition car, cause I just messed up the custom paint job.  Seems to
drive ok, but the tow brackets bottomed out, and bent the bumper mounting
brackets.  Bumper is kinda cockeyed now.  Good thing my friend at the body
shop has a frame rack.  Ended up third best time in vintage class out of
eight cars & just a tick faster than Jim Boyd in his BGT.  Fastest time in
our class went to another Chico British Club member Ron Joplin in his Midget.
 The course was a very fast one, I'll bet the involvement of the Corvette
group from Sacramento had alot to do with that.  If I can keep the wife
involved, maybe I can justify setting up a car just for autocrossing.  (I'll
keep dreaming)

David Riker
69 Midget (Temporarily no longer show quality)