Re: Spax tube shock conversion

To: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Subject: Re: Spax tube shock conversion
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 17:28:10 -0800
You wrote:

  Has anyone done this work before?  If so, how did you
>approach it?

You sneak up on it first and spray all nuts and bolts with penitrating
oil at least one day prior to going for it.

>Also, if there is any interest, I'd be happy to report on how my car
>handles after the conversion.

I'm very interested in how the install (of the shocks) goes and and the
results achieved since this is one of the improvements I plan on doing
to my 79 B that I'm converting to V8, chrome bumpers and lowering.

I could compare my '70s ride compared to my '78 B, but that wouldn't do
>be any justice.  The older car is light years ahead of the newer one.
>Damn those Brits.  They ruined a perfectly good car when they decided
to put rumber baby bumpers on those cars.

I love my 75 B and ran it in timed obstacle coarse yesterday and was
only 3.5 seconds behind Barney Gaylord's MGA with his autocross tires
and all. I should also mention this was my first time competing in
anything like this. The sun was in my eyes, I tripped over a rock and
if that's not enough excuses for you I had my socks on the wrong feet.

>I'll keep you guys updated.
>Later
>Jay

Please do. Safety Fast, David Deutsch