Re: Metric

To: BarneyMG@aol.com, nick.pitt@bbc.co.uk, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Metric
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 22:53:46 -0500
In a message dated 96-09-11, RJohn50603 writes:

<< I don't know if you remember but, 1973 was the year that the Untied States

 (snip)

I wonder what hidden message my subconscious meant by that slip?

In a message dated 96-11-11 12:14:45 EST, BarneyMG writes:

< In the fall of 1976 I was designing automatic welding equipment for
fabrication ot transmission parts for General Motors X-body cars (remember
the Chevy Citation?).  At that time all the GM drawings had stickers pasted
all over them saying "THINK METRIC".  Guess what?  I bet that to this day you
can still find some SAE standard fasteners on new GM cars.  I find them most
often holding accessories on the engine, like alternator and power steering
pump. >

(snip)

By the way, my 1973 MGB DID have some metric, the Japanese manufactured air
pump!

R. Johnson - Dallas