Re: Futher camshaft musings

To: JayP177@aol.com
Subject: Re: Futher camshaft musings
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 07:29:40 -0500 (EST)

> Not to the point on lobe heights but can anyone out there answer why valve
> clearances vary from one cam manufacturer to another when the durations or
> valve lifts are the same. If it is due to ramp design then why is there a
> difference in ramp design? If we can get an answer to the above then we can
> go on to questions about altering valve lash to change duration. Any help
> appreciated.

  Hmm, this didn't seem to make it to the list, just me.  But... I noticed
in my search for camshaft truths the following webpage:

        <URL:http://www.ftech.net/~t-rac/kentcam.htm>

  It's a pretty good write-up on camshaft technology, including such
questions as, "why is there a difference in ramp design?" :-)

----
Jeremy DuBois                              jer@thlogic.com
Manager, Info Systems                      http://www.thlogic.com/~jer/
Thermalogic Corporation                    '60 TR3A, '74 MGB, '76 Spit