MGB styling

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB styling
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 16:34:17 -0500
I love MGBs, but they're not really Beautiful cars, but are 'pleasant'
looking, which goes with their competent but not exotic innards. I think
that streamlining had something to do with their design. I too think the A
more beautiful. In fact, I think most of the cars I like the look of have
rounder lines (don't see boxy in a B however), more organic if you will. Big
Healeys, the bugeye, the A, even the TF in someways, although that's a
different era altogether, Porsche 356s and 911s. The Interceptor is a
curious mixture of slabs and curves, until you actually wash one and realize
that even the angles are curved beneath your hand.
   The cars I don't like, TRs, X1/9s, Fieros, etc... are all wedgish with
hard angles. The MGF is a hybrid, wedgish, with soft organic lines. The
Miata is organic, but I don't care much for cars without exposed headlights.
    Oh yeah, I think the Triumph based Italia is very beautiful, so my
Triumphphobia may be only skin deep.

Michael, New Bern, NC