TD Oil Pressure Advise Needed

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD Oil Pressure Advise Needed
From: JHoltslag@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 16:58:20 -0500
I recently started up a completely rebuilt XPAG engine for the first time,
but noticed that I had a leak at the oil pump gasket.  After much effort,
I removed the oil pump and fitted it with a new gasket.  I  reinstalled the
pump, primed it, but now I can't get any pressure.  I removed the oil line
from the output of the pump, cranked the engine, but no oil comes out
of the pump.  The pump seems quite simple mechanically.  Does it make
The "driven" gear seems to fit on its shaft from either end.  Would this make
any difference?  Any ideas I can try before pulling that pump off again?
Please post or e-mail directly...Thanks in adviance. Joe Holtslag
(jholtslag@aol.com)