Re: Mg radios

To: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu>
Subject: Re: Mg radios
From: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 20:36:12 -0700
>How many of you have a radio in your MGA/MGB?  How many of you can actually
>hear it?
>
>Thomas
>pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu

I put a sony stereo cassette player in my MGB.  It even fit the chrome radio
surround after woring some of the plastic molding.  Also, I have 4 speakers,
and did minimal damage to originality.  I made two mounting plates for the
front, and each required only that two sheet metal screws be drilled in the
panel in front of the doors.  Plate mounts with screws (over upholstry),
speakers mount on plate (via key-hole mounts and slightly above surface
bolts).  I have 6x9's on the rear deck, and my top is of the stowable type,
so there is no issue with space.

In the original speaker place I put a power plug (formerly known as
cigarette lighters), a hazard light switch, analog clock, analog vacuum
gauge (manifold vacuum - can monitor my OD vacuum switch kicking in and
out), an ammeter, and a voltmeter.  It all looks very nice.

Oh, but I do still have the original push button AM radio in a closet somewhere.

Phil Bates
58 MGA
67 MGB
75 Jaguar XJ12C