Re: sacrilege challenge

To: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sacrilege challenge
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 13:33:02 -0800
At 07:59 AM 11/16/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I received a few direct notes about sacrileges done unto Bs, and it got me
>thinking about such things. I wonder if anyone out there dares relate TO THE
>LIST, not just to me you cowards, personal experiences with sacrileges done
>to MGs -- knowing that someone is likely to defend many such endeavors.

The perversions some LBC's are subjected to!  I have no personal experience
with the travesty I'm about to relate but witnessing it made an indelible
mark on my psyche....I am scarred or life.

Several years ago there was an early 70's Midget running around here.  It
had what I believe to be a V-8 installed, flamming orange paint, no top that
I ever saw, a huge roll bar with driving lights mounted on it, various
decals stuck hither and yon (STP, THRUSH and the like) and, wait for it.....
a four wheel drive conversion complete with monster truck tires and mags.
This ugly puppy was no doubt a tremendous feat of shadetree enginnering but
WHY?  I never saw it stationary so never had a chance to really inspect it
but the drive shafts couldn't have been anything more than back to back
u-joints. I suppose the lift kit was more to fit a driveshaft in than to fit
those huge slugs of rubber, this monstrosity probably had 18" or more of
ground clearance. It looked like if the driver had to negotiate any kind of
curve at all that this thing would turn turtle at once.  It wasn't around
long thankfully and I suspect that one of three things happened.  Either
a)  the driver realised the hard way that sometimes you have to turn the
thing and ruined it in the process or,  b) the local monster truck set was
so smitten with it that they spirited it away for safekeeping or,  c) the
local constabulary pointed out to the owner that some things are against the
laws of nature.

If ever there were a trial for crimes against LBC's surely this individual
would be in the front row of the defendants box.

A witness for the prosecution, I remain
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT