RE: Almost Ready to Paint

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Almost Ready to Paint
From: dondaves@ix.netcom.com (Don Daves)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 13:12:46 -0800
>>Blue Royale. We got a sample from the paint dealer and like it.
>>Anybody seen that color applied and does it look good?

My problem with picking colors from chip samples in a book is an
inability to accurately visualize how it's going to look on the car.
Oh, I think I can, but once done, it just doesn't look the way I
thought it would have, even though the final product matches the chip
perfectly.

So, my only suggestion would be to persist in locating a car similar to
yours with a similar color (keep the sample chip with you at all times,
if you can, to compare) and see how you like it.  Even a picture in a
magazine is better than nothing.

Once it's painted, you're pretty much stuck.

Best of luck!
Don