Re: End of The MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: End of The MGB
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 19 Nov 1996 08:36:24 -0600
In <2.2.32.19961119000913.0068ae40@mail.nornet.on.ca>, John Steunenberg wrote:
>Dear  fellow list readers
>

>  Could I get some help on the real reason that British Leyland stopped
>production of our favorite LBC the MGB, I have heard many versions of the
>story but I would like to know the real truth if anyone out there knows it.

This would take several pages.  It is offered in a number of histories
of MG.  IMHO, the most authoritative of these is MG by McComb.  From
this and other sources it would appear that a primary factor was that
British Leyland was oriented towards promoting the Triumph rather than
the MG and economic factors prevented the marketing of both.

                        A. B. Bonds