Re: MGA Wheels

To: William Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Subject: Re: MGA Wheels
From: Richard Hauser <dchauser@ecuvm.cis.ecu.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 07:37:35 -0500
William Eastman wrote:

> I posted this on the MGA BBS but got no answers yet.  Has anyone mounted
> the "Minilite copy" wheel Moss or Vicky Brit sell on an MGA?  What size
> tire did you use?  Were there any issues?  Are they all the same or are
> there different suppliers?  Any tips or warnings?  I have disc wheels so I
> would use bolt-on wheels.
>
> I really like the wheels on Barney's car but the price is a little steep.
> If anyone has experience with other types of wheels, I would be interested
> in hearing about them, also.

I bought 4 minilight replicas from Performance Industries.  They are 6
inches wide and look great.  I got the tip on them from Grassroots
Motorsports magazine.  They cost $500 for 4 wheels and centercaps.  I
highly recommend them.  The only downside is that they weigh slightly
more than original minilights. YMMV.

Richard Hauser
79B, 73 Midget