Rubber Bumper MGB-GT Rover V8 Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Rubber Bumper MGB-GT Rover V8 Question
From: "Glen R. Wilson" <railroad@itw.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 13:13:50 -0500
Hi,

I'm thinking of someday doing a GT with a Rover V8.  I've read some info
on the conversion process and understand that the only the rubber
bumpered cars will accept the V8 without a fair amount of conversion
work to the engine compartment.

My guess is that the rubber bumpered GT's are about the least sought
after MGB's there are, so it may be a good economics.  The problem is
that I don't like the appearance of the rubber bumpers.

How hard is it to back date one of these cars and install an old style
grille and (maybe) bumpers?

How hard is it to lower these cars to the pre-rubber ride height?  I
hear they do this a lot in the UK.

I'd appreciate any suggestions about all of this.

Thanks.

Glen

--

Glen R. Wilson
British Car Reallocation Program Director

Rover P6 Web Site at:
http://www.itw.com/~railroad/roverhome.html

1970 Rover 3500S
1967 Rover 2000TC
1991 Rover Boxer (canine)

Also Sending Occasional Mail From This Location:

Claire Crosman Wilson
Dedicated Professional Do-Gooder

Suburban Philadelphia, U.S.A.

Railroad@itw.com